On 21 June 2014 the Annual Influenza meeting was held in Sandanski, Bulgaria. The Meeting was attended by experts from the Ministry of Health; Bulgarian Food Safety Agency; Veterinary Institute; Bulgarian Society for Innovative Medicine (NGO); representative of WHO Office, Sofia.
The meeting was opened by Dr. Valery Tzekov, MD, Bulgarian Society of innovative medicines.
Dr. Boyko Penkov, Deputy Minister of Health, Republic of Bulgaria and Prof. Plamen Mollov, Executive Director of the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency delivered addresses to the audience.
Afterwards, the following presentations were developed:
- "Prevention and preparedness to combat avian influenza”-Dr. Pencho Kamenov, Director of “Animal Health and Welfare Directorate”, Bulgarian Food Safety Agency
- “Current challenges in the field of communicable disease surveillance in the world and their impact in the country”-Dr. Angel Kunchev, Chief State Health Inspector, Ministry of Health
- "Diagnosis of Avian Influenza"-Prof. Yanko Ivanov, Chief Veterinary Sanitary Inspector, Bulgarian Food Safety Agency
- “Preparedness - new challenges for public health in Bulgaria”-Dr. Radosveta Filipova, Head of Department, Ministry of Health
- Project "Surveillance and Response to Avian and pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities in the countries of Southeast Europe" - The role of civil society in the joint efforts to prevent and prevention of Influenza illness in the SEE countries-Dr. Valery Tzekov MD, Bulgarian Association for Innovative Medicine